Friday, July 31, 2009

Thyroid/Goiter update

In case you haven't heard the surgeon called & said I think this can be treated with medication, great no surgery. So I have to go to an endocrinologist. So they scheduled me with Dr. Feria who I haven't heard anything good about on August 25Th (a whole month ugh!) So I stewed for a day & thought you know I'm not going to see someone I'm not sure about. I talked to several women who have thyroid issues in my office (some removed & medication, some just medication) they all said Dr. Ramen, & Dr. Thakkur were the best. So I called the surgeons office back & asked them to switch Dr.'s for me. The surgeons office just called I got in to see Dr. Thakkur on August 19Th (a week earlier anyway) I still don't know any of my results other than I don't have cancer (TYG) & I probably won't have to have surgery. So more waiting, I'll let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

sounds like a relief!!!

kaney said...

The Thyroid gland is located in the front part of ones neck and below the Thyroid cartilage, which is best known as the Adam's apple. This gland is responsible for the production of hormones that regulates the body's metabolism.

Intrakid