Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ranked up there!

Today ranked up there, as 1 of the best days of my life. (Many more I hope) I'm home from the last JA class. I took them all cookies (bribery errr I mean a treat!) Then we did the work we needed to do. Then the big finale the scrapbooks! I kept telling myself it's ok their kids they probably won't care, so I wouldn't be disappointed. As it turns out they loved them, I was so shocked even the boys loved them. I wrote something nice about each child they were so impressed. I told them at the end of the book was a completion certificate which meant they graduated from the JA class, they started chanting 1 more day, 1 more day, etc............... Mrs. Johnson then told them, "It means you graduated from 1st grade JA, you'll have it again in 2nd grade. Of which a couple of them looked at me & said "Will you be our teacher?" I said, "I'm not sure" (not knowing what classes they will be in, or if I'm still at Midland & able to) When she got them calmed down again, I got my coat on & told them thankyou for letting come into their classroom. They all ran over to me gave me a huge group hug & didn't want to let me go. It was so touching & rewarding. I'm so glad I did it. Another one of the out of my comfort zone things. (Scary, but great in the end)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

trish, that is great!
i must say, there is no better feeling in the world that making a child feel like they are valued! and you did that! way to go! maybe you should head back to school and go into teaching?!? sounds like you'd love it!