Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scrappin'


My sister in laws Leisha, Valerie, & I @ our scrapbooking weekend in Des Moines. Valerie is a social worker for hospice of IA. Valerie's had this patient for 2 years Stacy she's 40, she has ALS & 3 children (14, 8, & 5) She was given 2 months to live (soooo sad) She wanted to make scrapbooks for all 3 of her children, but her hands don't work anymore. Valerie said she would do it for her. Valerie brought it all with her & asked us women to help. It was amazing, some women gave money to help, or supplies to help, or just scrapped pages. All told we did 149 pages, & finished all 3 of the kids books. It was so great the bonding of all these great women. We were all so moved & cried so much. I was moved by all the talents, & generosity of these great women. One of the pages that moved me to tears (& still does) It was a picture of Stacy & her baby girl when she was born & the title said "You took your first breath, and took my breath away" Are you kidding me? I had a great time, thanks to all you women, you made me feel proud to be a woman!!!

We stayed in a Super 8 Friday night, it was alot of fun. I said to the girls "this is fun, having sisters in law, my brothers would never lay hear & giggle with me" We didn't get much sleep but it was fun for ONE night.

Leisha borrowed her Mom's "pregnant rollerskate" car, we had fun driving, talking, navigating :) It was a great weekend, thanks girls lets do it again!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: