Sunday, March 21, 2010

Roses are Itchy!


This is a story from 3 weeks ago (as usual I'm behind!) On a Thursday morning Shelby woke up with a red rash on her neck. I just thought it was dry skin (from the cold) so we put antibiotic cream on it & I sent her to school. Thursday afternoon after Poms she came home & her arm pits were red & raw (along with the neck which hadn't changed) It appeared as if she had a sun burn. So I gave her some benadryl & more cream. No change. So Friday morning I called to get her into the Dr. We went to the doctor @ 11:30 She had a fever, something on her throat & her ears were dull (whatever that means) So I say "what about the rash?" She says I'm stumped it looks to me like a perfume or lotion reaction. (No where I'm going?) So she gives Shelby an antibiotic. We then go to Big Daddy's work while waiting for the medicine to get ready, & she proceeds to tell us she has used this rose room spray on her neck & arm pits for 3 days in a row. Heres the ingredients- Aqua/Eau alcohol denat, propylene gycol, polysorbate, benzophenone....etc..... nothing good that's for sure. So for about a week or week in a half her skin was peeling & itchy & basically burnt. I'm pretty sure a good lesson was learned for young Shelby!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: