Monday, September 7, 2009

Ouchie

As I said in the golf one, on the 10Th hole my phone rang. It was my brother Dave. He said Shelby hurt her foot, it's swelled up & hurting her. He said I don't think it's broken, she's doing alright now she's playing a game I don't think you need to rush & get her. OK so we kept playing golf. When we got to Miss Pam's where Dave & Leisha & the kids were Shelby was sitting with ice on it watching a movie. Dave said she won't put any weight on it, & she had a major meltdown. He said like the world is ending. I said yeah I've seen that before (more times than I care to think about) So we say thanks for watching her, sorry for the drama, we'll take her to the hospital just to get it checked out. We get her in the van & the hysterical crying starts, she nearly makes her self sick & hyperventilate all at one (what a feat huh? Phew!) So this goes on most of the way to our house, we stopped to get faithful friends baby & blankey (plus books, leapster, etc...I'm a Mom the art of distraction is my best tool) So we get her to the hospital, wait for a little while not too long though. Then back to the room where she's freaking out again. The nurse says were going to give her a small dose of morphine to help with the pain. Then Shelby starts freaking out about getting a shot. So I say to the nurse your just going to have to do it, she's not going to let you, so I held up her arm & she did the shot. Shelby screamed & freaked out the nurse left & Shelby's screaming she's trying to hurt me, she doesn't like me, oh my. Then Shelby says I have to go potty, Daddy says I'm not taking you until you calm down. So we got her calm, she pottied then as she was washing her hands she looked like she was going to fall over she was so tired (yeah the drugs kicked in) we took her back to the room & she took a little nap. Then the x-ray tech comes in (Shelby was much calmer) She says one parent can come back, she screams I want Mommy, OK. So then on the way back she says to the x-ray lady can you drive smoother it's too bumpy. Then we get back there every time she took an x-ray she's say hold still, I'm taking a picture & Shelby did her pose & smiled as if she was taking it of her face (it was sooo cute) Then the tech says I need to check these & make sure they're alright. So she goes to check & Shelby falls asleep again. She comes back no we have to do 1 again, ugh! So we do that & Shelby says to her, you promise that's it right? I say to the tech good thing your seeing her now & not when we first got in here, she said oh no I heard her. She says are you cold do you need a blanket? Shelby says no I'm hot. OK so back to the room, we get back & Shelby says I'm cold, OK so our nurse came in to bring her a blanket one of the heated warm kind (ooh I was jealous) She opens up her eyes briefly looks at the nurse & says I noticed your name tag, Your name & mine are only one letter off. (Her name was Shelly) X-rays came back, not broken, Shelby said I'm break free YES!! So she slept all night. She's not putting much weight on it yet but she's moving it around a bit. We'll have to see how it goes.
This is when she went to sleep the first time she hasn't been sleeping well lately (which we found out was from the books she was reading right before bed) Plus she ran @ the Church thing for awhile, then rode her bike, with Lexi, then played @ the park, then fell, hurt herself, & cried about a gazillion times today & tonight. Wow I'd be exhausted to. This was right before the shot.
The foot which you can't see but it was swollen and bruised.
This was after the shot, the x-rays, & right before the warm blanket.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Huntley 6 said...

I feel so bad for you Shelby! I hope you are feeling better! What about school?