Friday, September 4, 2009

Medical update!

So, I go to the doctor on Thursday (yesterday) for my B-12 shot, while I'm there I ask if they have the results from my cat scan. It's a little wait, then my Doctor comes in (I'm thinking uh-oh this can't be good) She says parts of your thyroid (I'm not sure how much yet) are necrotic. What does that mean I say, she says basically parts of your thyroid are dying. OK....what does that mean? Surgery. Um....ok.....so I'm back where I started YIKES!!!!! She said (meaning the doctor) the only thing that worries her is I have pain @ the top of my neck & @ the bottom where the thyroid is located so unless it's pressing on a nerve it might not take away all the pain. I asked if it could be scar tissue from my tonsillectomy in March she said possibly could be a combo of both. She also doesn't think he (being the surgeon) will know how much of it he has to take until he gets in there. So I have a whole list of questions to ask the surgeon when I go to see him again on September 18Th. So I will update after my appointment with the surgeon when I know my surgery date. Say a little prayer for me please!

No comments: