Monday, November 22, 2010

Update

I haven't taken any pictures lately, nor have I blogged. Sorry about that I've been rather busy. I'm working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week, then Thanksgiving already WOW!!! I'm irrated with retail, is there a reason we need Christmas things up in October? It's annoying!!!! I always put up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, I'm not sure I'm in the mood yet (which would make my husband giddy I'm sure) Let's see an update about our family.
Shelby~ Lots of changes this year....3rd grade is rough! Training bras this year, boy issues, more difficult questions, wow why do they grow up so quickly? School is going ok. She was devasted she only got one E on her last report card. She says most of it is too easy, so I'm not sure if this teacher doesn't give many E's or during the testing she so distracted or what the deal is. It's probably good though to knock her down a peg. She has 2 kids in her class that are trouble makers (which she has every year) but....these kids try & hit the teacher, very disrespectful to students, teachers everyone, are very rough with the kids, take off out the door & run around the halls, name calling wow where the heck are these parents? Shelby just finished Beginning Broadway....she won't be doing that again. It was the first time I've ever seen Shelby on the stage & not look confident, it was just singing & dancing but she was scared to death. So she wants to go back to regular acting again. January starts basketball & ice skating. Never a dull moment with Shelby girl, but I wouldn't change her a bit, all of it is what makes her great!!!! Even all the talking & questions. :0)
Henry~Little man is growing like a weed (literally) I can't believe how fast he's growing & changing (size & personality) He's a spiiting image of Shelby girl at her age. He smiles, coos, giggles it's so precious just to spend time with him, but, wow he can turn on a dime, he's got a little temper & is just like me it's payback for my Momma & Dad I guess!!!! He loves his changing table, mobile, swing, & exersaucer/johnny jump up combo. I love to feed him, he looks right at me the whole time & holds my finger with one hand & the other hand is on my chest. He's teething & drooling also! I love & treasure these times, I know how fast they go!
Daren~Very busy at work right now, everyone hurrying to get done before the new year comes. He bowls on Thursday nights & loves hanging out with all of us!!!!
Trish~I'm back at work 3 days a week, I miss Henry like crazy but I love being back at work, helping the family, & being around adults. Pretty busy & crazy most of the time but i wouldn't change a thing!!!!
The Fick Family~On December 25th or 26th were headed to North Carolina & then Virginia to spend some time with Daren's family. We found a church & pastor we like (I think) it was our 2nd time, we felt very welcome & loved the pastor & his style of preaching (message with a bit of real life & humor thrown in) I hope we've found our church, Shelby is interested in taking first communion classes, & we haven't had Henry baptized yet.
Sorry I've rambled your updated on our family, hopefully I'll have some Thanksgiving pics at the end of the week. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Enjoy your family & friends!

No comments: